Dear Toward Freedom Reader,
In a time of war, fake news, and political corruption, Toward Freedom remains committed to creating the kind of media needed for a sustainable, peaceful, and just society. We do this by publishing professional journalism with a global focus and an emphasis on grassroots social struggles.
TF has decided that we must expand our work during this uncertain political era. We have chosen to broaden the issues and countries that we cover, grow our international network of writers, readers, and board members, strengthen our online and social media presence, and produce deeper investigations.
We can do this if we have your help and support. Please make a donation today.
Your support will help us continue our ambitious plans and directly fund international reporting you won’t find anywhere else, such as our recent coverage on
- Social justice movements in North Africa
- Vibrant indigenous rights movements in Central America
- The struggle for democracy in Rojava
Beyond this crucial work, we have broadened our coverage of events in Africa, funded deeper investigative work such as Sandra Cuffe’s in-depth report on human rights abuses in post-coup Honduras, and developed a new mission statement to reflect our evolving work, values, and commitments during changing times.
And we haven’t stopped there. In addition to carrying on our 65-year tradition of publishing global progressive news, we have also made a series of technical updates to our publication. In recent months, we have:
- Archived over fifteen years of content by author to showcase the work of your favorite TF reporters. For example, check out the dozens of articles filed by frequent TF contributors Ramzy Baroud and Rene Wadlow!
- Changed our web address from TowardFreedom.com to TowardFreedom.org to better reflect our status as a non-profit media outlet.
- Migrated TF to a WordPress platform to make the site more robust, secure, and easy to use and develop going forward.
- Updated our About Page so you can learn more about who we are as publication.
We are excited about these changes, plans, and progress – but we need your help to stay on this path. Please make a donation today to keep TF going strong during dark political times.
Thank you for your support,
Or mail a check made out to Toward Freedom to:
300 Maple Street